[SoC] GSoC: recommendations for students

Margherita Di Leo diregola at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 08:05:29 PDT 2015

Dear All,

Before the student applications open on March 16th, we would like to share
with you some indications that grew up from past years' experience [1].
If you are planning to apply as a student, this page has been written just
for you, please read it carefully before applying.
If you are a mentor, please share your ideas on how it could be improved.
It is a wiki page, thus anyone can edit. However, if you are proposing
something that should be discussed, please feel free to use the mentors
mailing list or the discussion wiki page associated.
Looking forward to hear your thoughts.

Best,
your GSoC admins
Madi & Anne
http://tinyurl.com/mv8etqk

[1]
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_Recommendations_for_Students

PS Sorry for cross posting, and since we are trying to reduce cross
posting, I'd invite anyone interested in OSGeo-GSoC announcements, to join
the dedicated OSGeo soc mailing list
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/soc

--
Best regards,

Dr. Margherita DI LEO
Scientific / technical project officer

European Commission - DG JRC
Via Fermi, 2749
I-21027 Ispra (VA) - Italy - TP 261

Tel. +39 0332 78 3600
margherita.di-leo at jrc.ec.europa.eu

Disclaimer: The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may not
in any circumstance be regarded as stating an official position of the
European Commission.