[SoC] Report 1 - GSoC - OpenTripPlanner - GTFS-RT Validator

Nipuna Gunathillake nipuna777 at gmail.com
Sun May 31 10:01:58 PDT 2015

Hello all,

I'm working on a GTFS-RT Validator
<http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/project/details/google/gsoc2015/nipuna777/5741031244955648>
as part of the GSoC program this year for the Open Trip Planner project.

Wiki page:
https://github.com/CUTR-at-USF/gtfs-realtime-validator/wiki/Google-Summer-of-Code-2015

This is my progress for the week one.

*1) What do I have completed this week?*

*During the community bonding period:*

   - Setup and studied existing programs consuming and producing
   GTFS-Realtime data
   - Created html mock-ups for the UIs for the validator.

*Week 1:*

   - Setup the wiki page
   <https://github.com/CUTR-at-USF/gtfs-realtime-validator/wiki/Google-Summer-of-Code-2015>
   - Created jetty JSP application containing the html files.

*2) What am I going to achieve for next week?*

   - Create background task to download the GTFS files
   - Reading and identifying the type of GTFS-Realtime feed
   - Finalizing UI designs

*3) Is there any blocking issue?*

   - I will have to figure out the best way to run a background task for
   the next weeks work

Best Regards,

Nipuna Gunathilake.