[SoC] [GSoC] Report - Flow algorithms for pgRouting - Week 12

Andrea Nardelli nrd.nardelli at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 10:20:50 PDT 2016

Hi all,

This is my last report for GSoC 2016.
The goal of my project was adding functionality to solve maximum flow
problems to the pgRouting library.
Maximum flow problems involve routing the maximum amount of a commodity
from a single source S to a single sink T.
Previously, there were no such functions in the library.

With my work this summer, I added three algorithms that solve this problem
and example applications that utilize them:

   - Edge disjoint paths
   - Maximum cardinality matching
   - Multiple sources/sinks flow

Additionally, tests and documentation were produced for everything that was
coded.

You can see the branch(gsoc-flow) I worked on here:
https://github.com/Illedran/pgrouting/tree/gsoc-flow
My pull requests:
https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/pulls?utf8=%E2%9C%
93&q=is%3Apr%20author%3AIlledran
My commits:
https://github.com/Illedran/pgrouting/commits/gsoc-flow?author=Illedran
My work is part of the 2.3.0 release of pgrouting.

If you want to test my code, you can build the library for yourself
following the guidelines here:
http://docs.pgrouting.org/dev/en/doc/src/installation/build.html

Link to slide coming as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Andrea Nardelli