[SoC] Report 6 - Nasa WWW Multidimensional visualization tool

Gabriele Prestifilippo gabrieleprestifilippo at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 02:56:42 PDT 2016

Dear All,

This is my sixth report for the GSoC. I am working on Nasa WWW
Multidimensional visualization tool.

Week 6

1.   What did you get done this week?
This week I managed to import several datasets containing point features
data, thus having: latitude, longitude, and some values. I generated a
QuadTree from the dataset, so that the data could be displayed using the
voxel model. I tried using several datasets with different configurations
and all of them worked properly.
I also improved the importing system so that users can specify the structure
of the dataset they want to import. I started also documenting all the code,
in this way the future user will be able to re-use it easily.

2.   What do you plan on doing next week?
Next Week I will continue working on the documentation and I will try to
allow users to show other variables using an extrusion of the voxels.

3.   Are you blocked on anything?
Right now I am not blocked on anything

Gabriele Prestifilippo.