[SoC] Report 2 - OGC protocols support within OL3-Google-Maps

Samuel Lapointe samuellapointe at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 13:13:57 PDT 2016

Hi all, this is the second report for the OL3-Google-Maps project.

Link to the library: https://github.com/mapgears/ol3-google-maps

What did you get done this week?

   -

   I added support for Image WMS layers. This means users can now add
   ImageWMS or TileWMS sources to their OL3 map and display them on a Google
   Maps layer if they choose to. Since the library uses Google Maps’ own API
   to render them, there’s no synchronisation issues.

What do you plan on doing next week?

   -

   With all the new code added, the LayersHerald class, which manages the
   link between OL3 layers and their Google Maps version, is getting very
   large. I want to split it into a different file and class for each layer
   type.
   -

   Many different test cases need to be tested for WMS layers, to make sure
   they work with all WMS servers.
   -

   Update the library to use OpenLayers v3.16 and fix any issues that might
   arise when that happens.
   -

   Release a new version of the library

Are you blocked on anything?