[SoC] [GSOC] Me, GSOC, OSGeo mailing list, first week

Jan Rudolf rudolja1 at fit.cvut.cz
Fri Jun 3 14:17:43 PDT 2016

Hello,

my name is Jan Rudolf, I am involved in Google Summer of Code with
PyWPS. First: I apologize, there was a little misunderstanding from my
side - I thought, I was subscribed to this mailing list, but I wasn't
and my emails were rejected (first email, first-week report). Now, it
should be ok.

I am a computer science student at Czech Technical University from
Prague. I have been programming since I was 13, a lot of websites, so I
thought, I could be useful in my project with PyWPS. I have a work
experience (1.3y as Django/Python developer during my time on
university), open-source (I have a project Memtrap with my friend),
advanced programming from the university and my own ideas.

My work is to make possible to control processes, a process is made by
HTTP request, there should be the way to control them. Among this, I
should also make a web interface. It's written in Python language.

My mentors are interested in a way to kill, pause, resume processes.

I've established a blog on http://gsoc-2016.jan-rudolf.cz.

WHAT DID I GET DONE THE FIRST WEEK?

I found a combination of resources how to implement control process in
Python. I found, that the combination of psutil library and
multiprocessing library could be the way to the goal. I wrote a simple
application, that demonstrates it. Also, I had to make run the PyWPS on
my computer.

WHAT DO YOU PLAN ON DOING NEXT WEEK?

I plan to continue and finding a way to integrate it into PyWPS.

ARE YOU BLOCKED ON ANYTHING?

Well, I was blocked on the mailing list, that should be now ok. I was a
little bit blocked by final exams at university, but that is history
also. I am ready to be focused on the project.

I am sorry for troubles and make sure our cooperation is going to be
smooth.

Best regards, Jan Rudolf