[SoC] GSoc: Report 5 - transiTime QuickStart application

Brendan Egan egan129129 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 08:49:03 PDT 2016

Hi all,

Here is my report for this week,

1)-What did you get done this week?

Configured and ran Core, the main engine of the transiTime application.

Fixed errors relating to the Prostgres to HSQL migration. All tests now run
successfully. Fixed two failing tests in transiTime not related to
quickStart.

Added calling the GtfsFileProcessor function to the transitimeQuickStart
GUI, however not yet functioning correctly.

Further improvement to the browse function in the transitimeQuickStart. You
can now select a GTFS zip files using a file browser.

I had a call with my mentor. This happens weekly.

2)-What do you plan on doing next week?

Create a unit test to call Core.

Complete integration of the GtfsFileProcessor into transitimeQuickStart.

Add calling Core function to transitimeQuickStart.

Add an output screen to transitimeQuickStart to show output of processes at
they are are running.

3)-Are you blocked on anything?

Running transitimeQuickStart as a jar has hit an issue with maven shade
plugin and may take some time to resolve.

Thanks,

-Brendan

Wiki page:
https://github.com/Egan109/core/wiki/Transitime-QuickStart-Gsoc-2016