[SoC] GSoC 2016: Managing and visualizing movement data with PostGIS and R

Mathieu Basille basille at UFL.EDU
Mon Mar 14 09:39:42 PDT 2016

Hi everyone,

I would like to inform you about a GSoC project I submitted under the R
organization, but that also involves a fair bit of PostGIS, and for which
we are looking for advanced PostGIS users as candidates!

You can find more details about the project here [1], but the basic idea is
to work on a R package that allows bi-directional communication between
PostGIS and R, with a focus on animal movement data. In the end, even if
the final outcome is a R package, R specific skills are maybe not as
important as PostGIS skills, which is why I'm also sending the announcement
here.

Please pass it along to any candidates that may be interested.

Best,
Mathieu Basille.

[1]
https://github.com/rstats-gsoc/gsoc2016/wiki/Managing-and-visualizing-movement-data-with-PostGIS-and-R

--

Mathieu Basille
basille at ufl.edu | http://ase-research.org/basille

  « Le tout est de tout dire, et je manque de mots
  Et je manque de temps, et je manque d'audace. »
  — Paul Éluard

This message is signed to guarantee its authenticity.
For a true private correspondence, use my public key
to encrypt your messages:
  http://mathieu.basille.net/pub.asc
Learn more: http://mzl.la/1BsOGiZ