[SoC] Week 5: Web API plugin for QGIS Desktop

Kevin Stadler e0425926 at student.tuwien.ac.at
Sat Jul 1 16:31:37 PDT 2017

This week there are many commits to:
- the QGIS plugin:
https://gitlab.com/qgisapi/networkapi/commits/master
- the R package:
https://gitlab.com/qgisapi/rqgisapi/commits/master
- the R package documentation, hosted on the new dedicated project website:
https://gitlab.com/qgisapi/qgisapi.gitlab.io/commits/master

1. What did you get done this week?

- Finished work on the plugin GUI, connecting the buttons and status
widgets via custom signals

- reimplemented GeoJSON extraction using the QgsVectorFileWriter, also
added some more functions making use of geodata retrieval

- greatly expanded the R package, adding a wrapper class for QGIS
vector layers and much documentation

- some more plugin refactoring and bugfixing

2. What do you plan on doing next week?

I'll be off to the Highlands for most of the week so don't expect to
get much done, if I find some time I will add a tutorial vignette to
the R package, then sending a link to that+other documentation to the
QGIS-dev list

3. Are you blocked on anything?

No!