[SoC] Add references to commits for each accomplished task

Margherita Di Leo diregola at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 23:28:48 PDT 2017

Dear Paul,

thank you for your question. If your commits are relevant to your gsoc
project, please add them in your report. You can group a bunch of commits
under the same bullet item. If they are really too many, you can skip some
that you think are less relevant. For example: if your bullet item is:
"added function xxx to do yyy" then you reference the commit related to
adding that function and you can skip commits with minor edits to the same
function. The purpose of this is to make sure that who is reading your
report can access immediately the code you're referring to.
Hope this helps.

Regards,

On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 1:42 AM, Paul Schrum <ptschrum at ncsu.edu> wrote:

> Margherita,
>
> I find that I have more Commits than I have bullet items in my report.  So
> I have a question on this.
>
> Do you prefer a link to every Commit for the week, or do you only want the
> most important Commits which match to report bullet items?
>
> - Paul
>
> On Mon, Jul 3, 2017 at 4:02 AM, Margherita Di Leo <diregola at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Dear students,
>>
>> thank you for your weekly reports for week 5 and congratulations for
>> those who passed phase 1 evaluation! Keep up the good work!
>> As we are entering a phase where we expect from you much more commits to
>> your repositories, in your coming reports, in the section "what did I
>> complete this week", please remember to add references to commits for each
>> task that you accomplished. This would make it much easier to keep track of
>> your progresses.
>>
>> Thank you and happy coding!
>>
>> --
>> Margherita Di Leo