[SoC] Regarding GSoC Mentor Summit 2017

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Thu Jul 13 00:42:15 PDT 2017

On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 8:00 AM, Margherita Di Leo <diregola at gmail.com> wrote:

> The policy of OSGeo regarding Mentor Summit has been so far the following:
> admins are given priority to go,

I'd like to see a policy of sending *one* admin and *one* mentor, so
that both the admin and mentoring experience for OSGeo is represented.
Only if no admins or no mentors want to go should both attendees come
from the same group. An admin who is also a mentor can be considered
as being from either group.

Perhaps I should take this policy proposal to the open OSGeo
discussion list for wider circulation?

> This year the conversation among admins regarding this has hardly started,

It has now!

Barry