[SoC] GSoC 2017- Week 8 Report- Adding Audio, Video, and SOS input support to the MapMint4ME

Rajat Shinde rajatshinde2303 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 23 04:11:13 PDT 2017

Dear all,

Greetings.

My project is to "*Add Audio, Video, and SOS input support to the
MapMint4ME"*. The consolidated points showing the work done by me in the
eighth week and the plans for upcoming days are as follows:

   1. *What did I complete this week?*
      - Added HTML files for Audio input support. The details are present
      at [1].
      - Updated the JavaScript files for successful invoking camera module
      of the emulated device from the MapMint4ME (for video recording). the
      details of the commit are present at [2].
      - Started with setting up sensor modules for SOS input support.
         - Setup the Temperature and Humidity sensor- DHT 11 using Arduino
         Uno microcontroller for SOS input support. The sensor is
working correctly.
         [3]
         - Calibrated the Gas sensor- MQ2. [4]
         - Setup the Bluetooth module- HC 05 for SOS support. The module is
         inconsistent with the AT commands. Currently, I am trying to
overcome this
         issue. [5]

         2. *What do I plan to achieve the next week?*
      - Access the captured video and audio files from the MapMint4ME and
      store it in the database. This will help in publishing the map with
      included details.
      - Combine sensors and the Bluetooth module together as a single SOS
      unit. Send the sensor readings to the MapMint4ME application.

      3. *Is there any blocking issue?*

   - Currently, I am not blocked.

[1] Audio input support
<https://github.com/omshinde/MapMint4ME/commit/b97458fab44a2030c81c25107a1148c647359d46>
[2] Updated JavaScripts for Video support
<https://github.com/omshinde/MapMint4ME/commit/7db691f57bb6cb04c2983011607cd56d0d97d4ce>

[3] Setup DHT 11
<https://github.com/omshinde/MapMint4ME/commit/1ec33f0017b6c04bca81905aa6a04ae3997b4669>
[4] Setup and Calibrate MQ 2
<https://github.com/omshinde/MapMint4ME/commit/53e5a0dc0aede6b011c4b75bd08de1354a5fc85e>
[5] Setup Bluetooth module
<https://github.com/omshinde/MapMint4ME/commit/01858d148ec081b388b2ff8a45a51e1bb8c4a208>

The update has been done on the project wiki too.

The link to the project wiki page: Wiki
<https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GSoC_17:_Add_Audio,_Video_and_SOS_input_support_in_MapMint4ME>
.
The link to the Github repository: Repo