[SoC] Weekly Report (Week 1) for pgRouting Project - Extension of pgRouting Contraction framework to implement Contraction By Area

Ankur Shukla work.ankurshukla at gmail.com
Sun Jun 4 07:17:39 PDT 2017

Hi All Community Members,
This is Ankur Shukla. I am re sending my weekly report with recommended
formatting and links. I am working with pgRouting for GSoC 2017. The
following is the weekly report for my project for Week 1 (May 30 - June 4):

*What did you get done this week?*
I used a script to generate the template code for a function
(pgr_areaContraction). I modified the template code to suit the signature
of the new function.
Details can be found in [1].
Set of pull requests can be found in [2].

*What do you plan on doing next week?*
I plan to improve the template code further by working on its output
parameters, and learn to use tests in pgRouting. I also plan to use pgTap
to write unit tests for pgr_areaContraction.
Details of possible sub tasks can be found in [3]

*Are you blocked on anything?*
I was earlier having difficulty in understanding the flow of code in
pgRouting code base. Regular feedback from the mentors has helped me
overcoming this impediment.

The wiki page can be found in [4]
The repository can be found in [5]

[1] https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/wiki/GSoC-
2017-Area-Contraction#week-1-tasks
[2] https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/wiki/GSoC-
2017-Area-Contraction#my-contributions
[3] https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/wiki/GSoC-
2017-Area-Contraction#week-1
[4] https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/wiki/GSoC-2017-Area-Contraction
[5] https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/tree/gsoc/areaContraction

Regards.
*Ankur Shukla*
Teaching Assistant, Centre of Studies in Resources Engineering
Company Coordinator, Placement Cell
IIT Bombay