[SoC] [GRASS-dev] GSoC 2017 Weekly Report 1 - SOS tools in GRASS GIS

Ondřej Pešek pesej.ondrek at gmail.com
Sun Jun 4 14:52:52 PDT 2017

Hi everyone!

Here is the first report of my GSoC project - SOS tools in GRASS GIS. You
can see my project at wiki at [1]
<https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/GSoC/2016/PyQtGUI>

What did you get done this week?

* I have studied OWSLib and its interaction with SOS. Especially with
istSOS. I am also in contact with guys about OWSLib and we're discussing
things related to SOS to improve.

* Solved issue [2].

* Created converter between normal JSON output from OWSLib and geoJSON
What do you plan on doing next week?

* Solve this issue [3]

* Test OWSLib on more severs.

* I would like to create converter working with
responseFormat=text/xml;subtype="om/1.0.0" responseFormat.

Are you blocked on anything?

* I was blocked in creating converter from above mentioned format, because
the OWSLib didn't give me right response. I'm discussing it with people
around OWSLib to solve whether is it bug or something.

Regards,
Ondrej

[1] https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/GSoC/2017/SOSInGRASS
[2] https://github.com/geopython/OWSLib/issues/347