[SoC] [GRASS-dev] GSoC 2017 Weekly Report 2 - SOS tools in GRASS GIS

Ondřej Pešek pesej.ondrek at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 01:16:12 PDT 2017

Hi Maris, Luca,

On 12 June 2017 at 08:11, Maris Nartiss <maris.gis at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I have no idea how much of XML parsing is needed, but implementing an
> > own XML parser never sounds a good idea unless it is a quick hack.
> > Working with XML in a correct way is PITA, unless your parser is
> > really good.
> > Just my 0.02, as I haven't seen teh codez.

As it's specific xml for SOS and not OSM xml, the converter is needed to
convert the SOS output into something readable for GRASS GIS (to import
data as a layer). And as Luca says, the conversion between this xml () and
GeoJSON was just about 50 lines of code.

> they are not much lines of code, however I think this code should be
> added to OWSLib, Ondrej do you think is it possible?

Good idea. I will ask Tom Kradilis and guys from OWSLib about that.

Ondrej