[SoC] Report 4 - Improving IstSOS Web API and finalizing IstSOS Javascript Core Library

Luka Glusica luka.glusica89 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 25 13:40:41 PDT 2017

Hello everyone,

My job is to improve IstSOS Web API by fixing and modernizing the IstSOS
JavaScript core library and rewritting the IstSOS Web Widget Creator and
fix some major issues along the way.

At the bottom you will find forked repository for the IstSOS Javascript
core library, which I will be working on this month [1]

*What did you get done this week?*

This week, I dealt with next set of tasks:

- Removed closure library, to improve efficiency and make webpack easier to
handle the bundling

- Integrated EventEmitter into all classes as a super class.

- Added authentication logic to the istsos core

- Updated Wiki page [2]

- Created API documentation for the library [3]

*What do you plan on doing next week?*

Next week, I will continue to test and refine the library, if needed and to
prepare it for publishing, although this is planned for the end of the
project.

*Are you blocked on anything?*

Currently, everything is going according to plan. Sorry for a slight delay
with the documentation updates, I have had some private stuff to handle, so
I tried to compensate the missing work with couple of 'no sleep' nights.

Best regards,

Luka Glusica

[1] https://github.com/Luka-G/javascript-core/commits/new-js
-core?author=Luka-G