[SoC] [Geo4All] GSoC Mentors - Action required!

Margherita Di Leo diregola at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 07:21:35 PST 2017

Dear Luca,

On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 3:00 PM, Luca Delucchi <lucadeluge at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8 March 2017 at 14:33, Margherita Di Leo <diregola at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Dear All,
> >

> Dear,
>
> > at today, we have only 9 registered mentors, which I believe is not the
> > final number. If you are willing to mentor a student for Google Summer of
> > Code, here's what to do: add yourself here [1], clearly indicating the
> > *title* of the idea you are willing to mentor (no link to ideas page,
> > please). I will then send you an invite to join the OSGeo organization on
> > the GSoC website.
>
> maybe the mentor doesn't apply because every year there are more
> actions to do, for example I received three mail to change a link with
> the name of projects in a wiki page (instead send me a mail you could
> just modify the wiki page), so at the end I completely removed my
> name.
> Please take GSOC as simpler as possible!

Thank you for your feedback, we value constructive comments... however, I'd
like to remind you that we are volunteers, and try to do our best for the
common goal of attracting new developers to our community. We count on the
active collaboration of mentors to do that. We have been managing an
enormous amount of students/mentors/projects. I understand that this is not
visible from outside, but you need to trust me if I tell you that we need
the collaboration of mentors. In honesty, I don't think that we require too
much. However, if following simple instructions is too much for you, then
you probably need to ask yourself if you have enough time/energy/will to
mentor. We prefer to stick on less projects but well mentored, rather than
a lot of projects in which we end up filling the gaps of unwilling mentors.

Best regards,

--
Margherita Di Leo