[SoC] GSoC : Students application period has started!

Margherita Di Leo diregola at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 00:56:16 PDT 2017

Dear All,

Yesterday students application period has started. We seek motivated
proactive students!

@Students: Start browsing the ideas page at [1] and carefully read the
recommendation for students, particularly the application instructions at
[2].
Quoting verbatim from Google Admins: "Historically, the students with the
best proposals reach out to the orgs early to receive feedback before
submitting their final proposal. " So don't wait until it is to late to
give you feedback, but instead join the communication channels of your
chosen software community and discuss over the proposal.

@Mentors: I see that there are still proposals with only 1 mentors. There
is still time to subscribe as a co-mentor, remember that we need at least 2
mentors otherwise the proposal will be discarded, no matter how good is the
student that applied for it. Furthermore, remember to offer small code
challenges to your would-be students, possibly in line with the purpose of
the gsoc proposal.

Let's rock!

*Please forward this email to your software communities*

[1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2017_Ideas
[2]
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_Recommendations_for_Students#Application_instructions

--