[SoC] Motion: use GSoC student mobility grant at FOSDEM geospatial devroom

Margherita Di Leo diregola at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 08:09:03 PST 2017

Jody,

On Wed, Nov 8, 2017 at 4:56 PM, Jody Garnett <jody.garnett at gmail.com> wrote:

> Quick question, we have a travel grant program for use to help attend
> events. Could this be considered fundraising for the global travel grant
> program emarked for students?
>
> I just ask because the travel grant program has up to a 10k match from
> OSGeo, so your $500 would become $1000 :)

This would be cool. What about this:
- If 2 students request travel grant to present at FOSDEM, OSGeo can decide
to add another $500 grant for the second student
- If no student claim travel grant for FOSDEM, those $500 go into OSGeo
grant program for another event. Only binding condition I would request, is
the student to be a GSoC student, respecting the credit to Google that pays
the bill for that at the end of the day.
I just want to publicly disclose (if wasn't yet evident from the links)
that I've been a co-organizer of the geospatial devroom at FOSDEM, so I'm
totally bias towards OSGeo sponsoring it in any possible way

Thanks,

--
Margherita Di Leo