[SoC] Motion: use GSoC student mobility grant at FOSDEM geospatial devroom

Margherita Di Leo diregola at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 08:34:08 PST 2017

I don't know exactly how this worked so far, but I have the feeling that
this makes sense if the conference is a FOSS4G and the organizers sit in
the Conference committee. In this case I think it makes more sense that the
conveners evaluate students' abstracts and decide what is the best work
that is worth to sponsor. So my proposal would be to keep the 2 things
separate. On one hand, the GSoC travel grant to be assigned on request by
the FOSDEM conveners. On the other hand, if OSGeo decides to sponsor the
geospatial devroom at FOSDEM granting additional travel aid to whom ever
the conference committee pleases, we (organizers) are only very grateful
for that and will mention OSGeo as a sponsor.

What do you think?
Thanks

--
Margherita Di Leo