[SoC] [GSoC18] Final Report- istSOS-Support of Unit Of Measure conversion in istSOS3

Rahul Chauhan rahulnitsxr at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 21:08:56 PDT 2018

Hi everyone,

This is the final report of my GSoC project.

Title - Support of Unit Of Measure conversion in istSOS3
Author - Rahul Chauhan
Mentor 1 - Massimiliano Cannata
Mentor 1 - Milan Antonovic
Organization - OSGeo, istSOS

*Abstract*
The aim of my project primarily is to add plugins conversion of the unit of
measure in istSOS3. The user can convert unit in another specified unit.
For Unit of measure conversion in istSOS3 added postgresql-unit and pint
libraries which has a powerful feature of unit conversion along with many
specified functions like unit conversion function instantly and all types
operations supports to istsos3 data like add, subtraction, multiplication
and division with magnitude and units.

*State of Project before GSoC 2018*
istSOS3 is an OGC SOS server implementation written in Python. istSOS3
allows Multiple system type observation and sensor management.

*State of Project after GSoC 2018*
After implementation of unit conversion plugins using postgresql-unit and
pint users can convert unit another specified unit in istSOS3. For Unit of
measure conversion in istSOS3 added postgresql-unit and pint libraries
which has a powerful feature of unit conversion in any regional and
specific units.

*Future Work:*
Need Modularity for every unit operations and improvement in exceptional
units conversion.

*Permanent links:*

Wiki:
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GSoC_18:_istSOS-Support_of_Unit_Of_Measure_conversion_in_istSOS3

Pull Request:
https://github.com/istSOS/istsos3-unit-conversion/pull/1

Forked istsos3-unit-conversion repository:
https://github.com/rahulworld/istsos3-unit-conversion/tree/unit

Commits History:
https://github.com/rahulworld/Support-of-Unit-Of-Measure-conversion-in-istSOS3/commits/master

Work Product: