[SoC] GSoC 2018 - OSGeo has been accepted as mentor organization!

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Tue Feb 13 02:23:28 PST 2018

Dear Community,

we are pleased to announce that OSGeo has been selected as a Google Summer of Code 2018 mentor organization.

@Mentors: In the coming days, we admins will be inviting the mentors that have filled the form [1]. If you want to be a mentor and haven’t filled the form yet, please do it *ASAP*.

@All members of the community: be prepared and responsive in the coming days to welcome students and answer their inquiries. From Google admins: “Students who engage with their organization early (and often) are more likely to be accepted and then succeed. We encourage you to get to know the students and help them get to know you! Please continue to flesh out your ideas lists and documentation over the next few weeks.”

@Students: read our recommendations [2] for getting started. According to the official timeline [3], student application period will be March 12 - 27, 2018. Get in touch with the community of your preferred project and start to prepare your proposal for GSoC with them.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to reach out to us admins at <gsoc-admin at osgeo.org>.

We are looking forward to working with you towards another awesome edition of GSoC!

Cheers!
The GSoC-OSGeo Admin Team

[1] https://goo.gl/forms/IxuzXUk3IQE0E5EO2
[2] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_Recommendations_for_Students