[SoC] GSoC 2018 report week 11 - GRASS GIS module for Sentinel-2 cloud and shadow detection

Roberta Fagandini robifagandini at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 03:09:24 PDT 2018

Hi all!
I'm Roberta Fagandini and I'm working on my GSoC project, a GRASS GIS
module for Sentinel-2 cloud and shadow detection.
This is my report for the eleventh week of coding.

1) What did I complete this week?

   - Added a control check on input folder to check if it belongs to a L1C
   image [0]
   - Fixed relevant bugs on the -a flag [0]
   - Fixed a bug on the control file writing in case of a visibility map is
   provided [0]
   - Small changes to the code and the GUI
   - Discussed with dev community the implementation of a new download
   procedure in order to avoid too many dependencies and as the community
   suggested I decided to not write a new procedure but to use the existent
   addon i.sentinel.download
   - Wrote the manual page [1]
   - Tested i.sentinel.preproc both with sentinel 2A and 2B scenes (for
   Sentinel 2B it works only with GRASS GIS 7.5)

2) What am I going to achieve for next week?

   - Implement i.sentinel.download
   - Write the manual page for the download procedure
   - Test and fix bugs for both i.sentinel.preproc and i.sentinel.mask
   - Start preparing deliverables for the final evaluation

3) Is there any blocking issue?
No at the moment.

Here the links to my GitHub repository [2] and wiki page [3]

Kind regards,
Roberta

[0] *https://github.com/RobiFag/GRASS_clouds_and_shadows/commit/1ad8f397b1eb6b2b76cf9d037e50a3dfe1a74c0c
<https://github.com/RobiFag/GRASS_clouds_and_shadows/commit/1ad8f397b1eb6b2b76cf9d037e50a3dfe1a74c0c>*