[SoC] Week 4 Report - Full support of Python 3 in GRASS GIS

Sanjeet edu.sanjeet at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 11:52:47 PDT 2018

Hi everyone,

This is my Week 4 report for the project "Full support of Python 3 in GRASS GIS"

1) What did I complete this week?

    Wrote new tests for 'trunk/scripts' according to the priority [0]
    Updated some files in 'gunittest' library pertaining to the
'trunk/scripts' [1]
    Looked into different forks of ctypes library
    Got the fork with latest changes, tried compiling with Py3
    Tested the changes done, updated the repository [2]

2) What am I going to achieve for the next week?

    Submit the first evaluation
    Work on any changes necessary after discussion and feedback from the mentors
    Start working on porting the ctypes library

3) Is there any blocking issue?
    Not at the moment.

The link to my wiki page is here [4].

[0] https://github.com/sanjeetbhatti/FullSupportPython3/tree/master/grass_trunk/scripts