[SoC] ​GSoC 2018 report week 06 - GRASS GIS module for Sentinel-2 cloud and shadow detection

Roberta Fagandini robifagandini at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 04:36:08 PDT 2018

Hi all!
I'm Roberta Fagandini and I'm working on my GSoC project, a GRASS GIS
module for Sentinel-2 cloud and shadow detection.
This is my report for the sixth week of coding.

*1) What did I complete this week?*

   - Better investigated the library ElementTree for parsing xml file
   (sentinel metadata)
   - Started defining an automatic procedure in order to retrieve all the
   necessary parameters for the control file of i.atcorr
   - Started writing the basic code for the automatic compilation of the
   control file
   - Wrote a basic python script for retrieving AOT value from AERONET data
   - Discussed with dev community about the implementation of the
   topographic correction too
   - Made some tests about topographic correction using the GRASS GIS
   module i.topo.cor

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to code for two days because of some
commitments related to the PhD.

*2) What am I going to achieve for next week?*

   - Understand how to automatically retrieve some parameters for the
   control file like aerosol and atmospheric models
   - Finish defining the automatic procedure for retrieve all the necessary
   parameters for the control file
   - Start integrating the atmospheric correction (i.atcorr)

*3) Is there any blocking issue?*
No at the moment.

Here the links to GitHub repository [0] and my wiki page [1]

Kind regards,
Roberta

[0] https://github.com/RobiFag/GRASS_clouds_and_shadows
[1] https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/GSoC/2018/CloudsAndShadowsDetection