[SoC] GSoC Proposal - Database Output Storage for PyWPS

Margherita Di Leo diregola at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 03:58:38 PDT 2018

Dear Jan,

thank you and welcome to OSGeo. I see you shared your proposal in view
only, this makes it impossible to leave comments.
I do have a remark, which seems to be recurrent for several other
proposals, so I'm writing it publicly in the hope that also other students
can read.
May 14 marks the official coding period start, this means that by then you
guys should be ready to start coding right away. Activities such as:
initial research, set up working environment, choose tools to be used in
the project, set up repository, etc must be carried out during bonding
period (April 23 to May 13 - it's a lot of time!).
Please, modify your timeline accordingly.

Cheers and good luck

On Wed, Mar 21, 2018 at 11:39 AM, Jan Pišl <janjanpisl at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have written a draft of a proposal for Google Summer of Code [1] that
> focuses on implementation database output storage for the PyWPS framework
> and especially returning this database-stored output data in a way that is
> compliant with the OGC WPS Standard. This project started as my
> bachelor's thesis (that is - written in English - available on GitHub [2] )
> so I am already halfway through. I have been in contact with Jachym
> Cepicky (one of the authors of PyWPS) who could be my mentor in the program.
>
> I would be really grateful for any feedback anyone of you could give me. I
> am keen to turn in a strong proposal as I would be thrilled to be able to
> participate in GSoC with my project.
>
> Thank you very much!
>
> Jan Pišl
>
> [1] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PBlUGHpL5VA6I5RmGolw