[SoC] GSoC 2019 - porting python 2.7.x to 3.x - Week 11 report

Fenil Mehta fenilgmehta at gmail.com
Sat Aug 10 21:53:39 PDT 2019

Hi,

Following is the week 11 report:

# Period
5 August 2019 to 11 August 2019

# Report
### What did I complete this week?
- Fix dictionary lookup
    * obj.keys().count(key_to_search) ---> key_to_search in obj.keys()
- Fix has_key(...) function call
- Fix exception handling code
- Fix print/debug statements, primarily in comments
- Fix apache2 related package dependencies to run Python 3.x
- Resolve the incorrect login page issue(
https://github.com/fenilgmehta/mapmint/issues/3).
    * There was an unexpected error in the file
```mapmint-ui/templates/Skeleton_bs.tmpl``` - line 168
    ```
    Old statement:
              #if $menu.count($inputs['tmpl']['value'].replace("_bs",""))==0
    After fixing this:
              #if $inputs['tmpl']['value'].replace("_bs","") not in $menu
    ```
    * I had thought that $menu is a list as the method count(...) was used
without calling the methods keys() or values() but when I replaced
login.tmpl by login_bs.tmpl, the error was shown when I reloaded the page.
    * I fixed this and Administration Interface was shown without the need
to overwrite login.tmpl
- Fix two syntax errors in ```mapmint-services/mapfile/service.py``` which
caused the old login page to be shown on any attempt to login from the
Administration Interface
    * strftime() argument 1 must be str, not bytes
    * 'str' object has no attribute 'decode'

### What am I going to achieve for next week?
- Fix the errors shown by the error_bs.tmpl
- Continue with the testing.
- Start preparing for the final submission.

### Is there any blocking issue?
- No blocking issue for the time being.

# Links
Report 11: