[SoC] GSoC QGIS 3D Improvement: Week 12 Report

Ismail Sunni imajimatika at gmail.com
Sun Aug 18 12:02:00 PDT 2019

Dear OSGeo SoC community,

Here is my 12th-week report for my GSoC Project[4]. You can also check the
project wiki page [2]. Comments and suggestions are welcome :)

GSoC QGIS 3D Improvement Week 12 Report

*Period*: 12 August 2019 - 18 August 2019

*Report*
1. What did I complete this week?
   - Debug "Changing symbol doesn't always change the billboard"
   - Get help from Martin to fix the problem. It's updated because
QgsTerrainTextureImage thinks it doesn't need to update the symbol due to
the same extent.
   - Removing unrelated UI (transformation and material widget) for the
billboard
   - Add set height option for the height of the billboard
   - Save the billboard symbol as a symbol attribute (previously using
serialization)
   - Add `selected` symbol for the billboard. It's showing a black-symbol,
not yellow-symbol like a normal selected one.
   - Save the billboard symbol to the project.
   - Fix flipped billboard
   - Video about this progress: https://youtu.be/QZr16uq8Pco
2. What am I going to achieve for next week?
   - Addressing black selected symbol
   - Address size symbol issue
   - Finalize and submit PR
   - Write final report