[SoC] GSoC 2019 - Implement Edward Moore's Algorithm, Breadth First Search and Binary Breadth First Search Algorithms in pgRouting - Week 6 Report

GVS Akhil gvs.akhil1997 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 7 08:37:13 PDT 2019

Hello everyone,

Here is the sixth-week report for my GSoC project.
Any feedback, comments and suggestions are welcome.

*Week 6 Report*

   - What did I complete this week?
      - Created C++ file which contains the core algorithm and linked the
      file to the pgr_binaryBreadthFirstSearch function.
      - Studied graph representation in Boost, particularly about vertices
      and edge [1] representation.
      - Added a simple, base version of the target algorithm which is able
      to calculate the correct path between two nodes in the graph in
its current
      state.
      - Created a pull request [2] and merged it.
   - What am I going to achieve for next week?
   - In the following week, I aim to have the full implementation of the
      target algorithm ready. This would include correcting the
cost-calculation
      step, pre-processing checks, elimination of code inefficiencies,
      refactoring and more.
   - Is there any blocking issue?
      - No blocking issues.

Public Repository: [3]