[SoC] GSoC 2019 Adding Augment)ed Reality (AR) support to the MapMint4ME Android Application ( Week 1 Report )

Aditya Chondke adityachondkeiitb at gmail.com
Sun Jun 2 04:33:19 PDT 2019

Dear OSGeo SoC Communities,

I have updated my first-week report on the wiki page Link
<https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GSoC_2019_Adding_Augmented_Reality_(AR)_support_to_the_MapMint4ME_Android_Application>.
Comments and suggestions are welcome.

This is my first-week report

*Week 1 (27th May- 2nd June) :*
1. What I completed this week?
* Studied Cloud Anchor to add support to MapMint4ME Cloud Anchor
<https://developers.google.com/ar/develop/java/cloud-anchors/overview-android>
* Tested the simple ARCore support added to MapMint4ME Repo
<https://github.com/AdityaChondke/MapMint4ME2>

2. What am I going to achieve for next week?
*Complete the work for Cloud Anchor support to transfer data on Google
cloud and load to a different device
*Test the Cloud Anchor support

3. Is there any blocking issue?
*Android Virtual Device is being used to test the app but it's slow and
sometimes doesn't even works.

Regards
Aditya Chondke
M.Tech Geoinformatics
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay