[SoC] GSoC 2019 - porting python 2.7.x to 3.x - Week 2 report

Fenil Mehta fenilgmehta at gmail.com
Sun Jun 9 00:38:12 PDT 2019

Hi,

Following is the week 2 report -

*# Period*3 June 2019 to 9 June 2019

*### What did I complete this week?*- I successfully ported 9 files to
Python 3, indentation has been changed to spaces and all these files have
been reformated to make them more readable and understandable
* mapmint/mapmint-services/authenticate/service.py
* mapmint/mapmint-services/classifier/service.py
* mapmint/mapmint-services/customize.py
* mapmint/mapmint-services/mapfile/mmSprites.py
* mapmint/mapmint-services/print/PaperMint.py
* mapmint/mapmint-services/service.py
* mapmint/mapmint-services/sqlite_module.py
* mapmint/mapmint-services/vector-tools-src/cgi-env/mmservice.py
* mapmint/modules/AndroidPosition/demo.py
- Updated a .gitignore file
- Made a Pull Request to the mapmint/gsoc branch

*### What am I going to achieve for next week?*- I will continue to port
the files to python 3 using the 2to3 utility. I plan to finish with the
following files:
* mapmint/mapmint-services/vector-tools-src/cgi-env/vectInfo.py
* mapmint/mapmint-services/configuration/service.py
* mapmint/mapmint-services/context/service.py
* mapmint/mapmint-services/datastores/directories/service.py
* mapmint/mapmint-services/datastores/postgis/pgConnection.py
* mapmint/mapmint-services/datastores/postgis/service.py
* mapmint/mapmint-services/datastores/service.py
* mapmint/mapmint-services/datastores/wfs/service.py
* mapmint/mapmint-services/georeferencer/service.py
* mapmint/mapmint-services/manage-users/manage_users.py
* mapmint/mapmint-services/manage-users/service_users.py
- Do performance optimizations on the output generated in the above step.

*### Is there any blocking issue?*- I am not blocked by anything, however
it will be a challenge to work with documentation and the testing.

Link to week 2 report
[1]
https://github.com/fenilgmehta/mapmint/wiki/Report-Week-2-(3-June-2019-to-9-June-2019)

Regards,