[SoC] GSoC 2019 Introduction - GVS Akhil - Implement Edward Moore's Algorithm, Breadth First Search and Binary Breadth First Search Algorithms in pgRouting

GVS Akhil gvs.akhil1997 at gmail.com
Fri May 10 10:34:13 PDT 2019

Hello Everyone,

My name is Gudesa Venkata Sai Akhil. I go by the handle 'Vicennial' on most
online platforms.
I am a third-year undergraduate at IIT Indore pursuing a bachelors degree
in computer science and engineering.

My project is "Implement Edward Moore's Algorithm, Breadth First Search and
Binary Breadth First Search Algorithms in pgRouting" [1].
Implementing Edward Moore's Algorithm will enable pgRouting to efficiently
calculate minimum cost paths in graphs containing negative edge weights.
I would also port the Breadth First Search algorithm from the C++ Boost
Graph Library as well as implement an interesting variation of the
algorithm known as Binary Breadth First Search.

I will be implementing these algorithms in a GitHub fork [2] of pgRouting's
GSoC-pgRouting repository [3]. The project wiki [4] would contain weekly
reports of my progress.

The detailed project proposal [5] further explains the algorithms, their
significance and proposed use.
Any comments, feedback and suggestions are welcome and would prove
invaluable to me for the successful completion of my project.

Last but not least, I want to thank the OSGeo community as well as the
pgRouting community for allowing me the opportunity to implement the
proposed project. It is an exciting experience for me since this would be
my first GSoC participation as well as the first open source project to
which I would be actively contributing code.

Thank you,
GVS Akhil

[1] https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/projects/#5188028799123456
<https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/projects/#5188028799123456>