[SoC] Bonding period report

Ismail Sunni imajimatika at gmail.com
Mon May 27 01:57:24 PDT 2019

Dear Margherita,

I have added my weekly plan to my weekly report table in the wiki [1]. It's
basically the same thing that I wrote in the proposal [2]. My mentors and I
have agreed to follow the original plan unless there is a big thing that
can change it dramatically. While working on the proposal, I also discussed
with my mentors about the timeline. Hopefully, it's sufficient now.

Best regards.

[1]
https://github.com/ismailsunni/QGIS/wiki/GSoC-2019---QGIS-3D-Improvement#weekly-report
[2]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RcXiEyziQyGurqDGRBN3g-het33liVD81WFjv8qQlt8/edit

On Mon, May 27, 2019 at 10:32 AM Margherita Di Leo <diregola at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear Students,
>
> as your reports are coming in, we noticed that in many cases, your wiki
> pages still lack of the information requested here [1]. Please, do update
> your wiki pages according to the request. Particularly, as stated *many
> times*, the work load should be separated into *weekly chunks*, and
> particularly:
> "Redefine your project with more detailed weekly milestones, with the help
> of your mentors and the feedback of the community, embedding the 3
> evaluation periods in your timetable, adding more details, figuring out
> potential issues, etc."
> Thanks
>
> Kind regards,
>
> [1] https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/soc/2019-May/004252.html
>
> On Thu, May 23, 2019 at 11:19 AM Margherita Di Leo <diregola at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Dear GSoC students,
>>
>> We hope you had a smooth and pleasant introduction to the community and
>> bonded with your mentors and the community at large.
>>
>> The official coding period will start on May 27. By May 26 you are
>> required to summarize all the activities that you have performed during
>> bonding period, in a report that you will be sending to SoC mailing list
>> and the dev mailing list of your project. Please do mention all activities
>> listed in [1].
>>
>> Two students still didn't introduce themselves to this mailing list and
>> didn't fill the wiki page at [2]. As you had plenty of time to do so, this
>> is very disappointing.  Remember that, as per Google's guidelines, students
>> that have been inactive during bonding period, e.g. did not perform the
>> required activities [1], will be excluded from the program right at the end
>> of the bonding period.
>>
>> Looking forward to read your reports.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> [1] https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/soc/2019-May/004240.html