[SoC] GSoC 2020 - Enhancing ARScale and CloudAnchor support to the MapMint4ME Android Application- Coding Phase Week 6

aditi sawant aditisawant007 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 10:40:31 PDT 2020

Dear Community Members,

This is my report for Coding Period Week 6(June 29 - July 5th).

Week 6 (29th June- 5th July)  :

What I completed this week?

   -

   Studied about Sceneform and ARCore[1]
   -

   Created an AR app in which the user will select which 3d object he/she
   wants to place on the surface virtually.  When the grid is detected, the
   user will just tap on the surface and that object will be placed on the
   surface virtually. More details can be found at[2]
   -

   ARCore is supported by very limited devices[3] and have tested on
   devices available to me

What am I going to achieve for next week?

   -

   Write a function to accelerate(move/shift) 3d objects in the real world
   -

   Write a function to adjust the size of 3d objects in the real world
   -

   Test app on different ARCore compatible devices

Is there any blocking issue?

   -

   Currently I am taking 3d objects from [4], converting that objects to
   sfa and sfb files using “Import sceneform” in android studio is not giving
   desired output

Wiki page can be found at[5].

Regards,

Aditi Sawant