[SoC] GSoC 2020 - Depth First Search and Sequential Vertex Coloring for pgRouting (Week 6 Report)

Ashish Kumar ashishkr23438 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 21:04:45 PDT 2020

Hello everyone,

This is my eighth weekly report of coding and the sixth report of the
Official Coding Period. (Week 6 Report)

Any feedback, comments, and suggestions are welcome.

*Week 6 Report (July 6th - July 12th)*

   - What did I get done this week?
      - Completed the second function pgr_sequentialVertexColoring will all
      the documentation and tests.
      - Added all the pgTAP tests for this function.
      - For pgr_depthFirstSearch, added the prepared statement in the
      queries and tested all prepared statements.
      - Added pgTAP test to check whether the same set of rows are returned
      always, for both of these functions.
      - Details can be found in [1]
      - The merged pull request can be found in [2]
      - Created an issue in pgRouting/GSoC-pgRouting repository, listing
      the steps to be followed for the next week's work - Fixing pgRouting
      functions so that same set of rows are returned for any ordering of input
      rows. [3]

   - What do I plan on doing next week?
      - It has been found that around 15-20% (maybe more) of the pgRouting
      functions produce different outputs for the different ordering
of the input
      rows.
      - I'll be adding pgTAP tests for all the already-implemented
      functions to check whether the functions satisfy this requirement. If the
      test fails, then I'll be fixing the code by ordering the rows
internally in
      a particular order.
      - Details of possible sub-tasks can be found in [3]

   - Am I blocked on anything?
      - No blocking issues.

The wiki page can be found in [4]
The repository can be found in [5]