[SoC] GSoC 2020 - Develop CQL Filter implementation for pygeoapi - Coding Period Week 8 Report

Farheen Bano farheenbano94 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 09:17:43 PDT 2020

Hi Everyone,

This is my report for the period (July 20- July 26). The updated report can
also be found at the project wiki page
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GSoC_2020_Develop_CQL_Filter_implementation_for_pygeoapi.
The forked repo of the project can be found here
https://github.com/FarheenB/pygeoapi

*What I have done during this period?*

   - Restructured pycql implementation for CSV Provider.
   - Proposed a design plan for generic implementation of CQL filters for
   all pygeoapi data providers.
   - Added custom CQL Exception class to handle all the exceptions related
   to CQL filters.
   - Added more unit test cases.

*What am I going to achieve for next week?*

   - Define functions for evaluating NotConditionNode,
   BetweenPredicateNode, LikePredicateNode, ArithmeticExpressionNode,
   InPredicateNode, NullPredicateNode, TemporalPredicateNode,
   SpatialPredicateNode, and BBoxPredicateNode of AST.
   - Work on the design plan proposed and deliver a generic code base.

*Are there any blockers?*

   - No blockers for now

*P.S-* Past 3 days I was down with high fever and was on complete bed rest,
so could work only 4 days this week. I plan to resume my work from tomorrow
and will be back on schedule. I have informed my mentors about it too.

Regards,
Farheen Bano