[SoC] GSoC 2020 - Community Bonding Period Report
gb_nedjima at esi.dz
Mon Jun 1 05:59:21 PDT 2020
Here is my progress in the Google Summer of Code project:
- Tasks done this week:
- Reading the tessellation code used to generate triangles of building
- Experimented with the Qt3DExtras::QDiffuseMapMaterial and explored
some alternatives. Unfortunately some of the alternatives are
in the Qt version I use (Qt5.9).
- Tried compiling QGIS with different Qt versions.
- Added texture coordinates to the vertex buffer of
- Got the basic functionality of texturing buildings using 1 texture
image working for some vector layer projects.
You can see the texture rendering in action here: screenshot
- Tasks to be done:
- Refine how the user chooses textures and include a default texture in
case anything goes wrong with the texture image.
- Define a generic class that handles material definition in a way
that it can be extended for physics based rendering and other types
of materials in the future.
- Currently there are 4 types of vector layer data and some of them
are not working properly so I will make the texturng work for
them as well.
- Make a way to rotate texture coordinates using an angle specified
by the user.
- Discuss how we define separate roof textures from walls textures.
You can find the report here as well: wiki page
I am open to any suggestions and feedback.
4th year computer science and engineering student.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the SoC