[SoC] GSoC 2020 - Coding Period Report Week 1 - Implementation of Edge Contraction technique in pgRouting
raj.himanshu2 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 09:07:22 PDT 2020
This is my report for Coding Period Week 1 (June 1st - June 7th).
My Wiki 
My Forked Repository 
*What did you get done this week?*
- Continued coding on my function pgr_kargersContraction in the branch
named him <https://github.com/rajhim2/GSoC-pgRouting/tree/him> in my forked
repository . Completed with designing the skeleton of the function. Able
to read data from postgresql. Currently it is returning (0 rows) on the
- Modified and added all the required files for the implementation of my
- doc/kargersContraction/ - CMakeLists.txt, pgr_kargersContraction.rst
- docqueries/kargersContraction/ - CMakeLists.txt,
- include/drivers/kargersContraction/ - kargersContraction.h
- pgtap/kargersContraction/- kargersContraction-edge-cases.sql,
- Modified sql/kargersContraction/ - CMakeLists.txt,
- Modified src/kargersContraction/ - CMakeLists.txt,
- Modified the function signatures in sql/sigs/pgrouting--3.0.0.sig
Merged a pull request  with all these changes (#41
- Fixed all the Travis-CI warnings and errors.
- Discussed about the areaContraction technique and its algorithm in the
meeting discussions June 5th and June 6th.
- *What do I plan on doing next week?*
- Based on the discussion of June 5th and June 6th with my mentor I will
start coding a new boost function which will give support of planar graph
algorithms in pgRouting.
- I will be designing the skeleton and C++ containers of this new boost
function in the coming week.
- Meanwhile, I will be verifying and designing the contraction function
pgTap Tests manually. I will be planning the pseudo-code of the function.
- I will be modifying the name of my contraction function from
pgr_kargersContraction() to pgr_areaContraction() and do the same for all
the header/c/c++ files.
- *Are you blocked on anything?'*
-  https://github.com/pgRouting/GSoC-pgRouting/pull/41
-  Meeting Discussions
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the SoC