[SoC] GSoC 2020 - Develop CQL Filter implementation for pygeoapi - Coding Period Week 2 Report

Farheen Bano farheenbano94 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 10:52:19 PDT 2020

Hi Everyone,

This is my report for the period (June 8-June 14). The updated report can
also be found at the project wiki page
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GSoC_2020_Develop_CQL_Filter_implementation_for_pygeoapi.
The forked repo of the project can be found here
https://github.com/FarheenB/pygeoapi

*What I have done during this period?*

   - Added the feature class implementation of OGC API - Features - Part 3:
   Common Query Language
<http://docs.opengeospatial.org/DRAFTS/19-079.html> standards which
   is an alignment with section 10.
   - Observed that the json schema does not follow the OpenAPI latest
   specifications. Suggested an updated json schema that follows OpenAPI 3.0
   standards.
   - An alternative solution considered here needed  to convert the json
   document that supported 2.0 to support 3.0.
   - The suggested CQL extension
   <https://app.swaggerhub.com/apis/FarheenB/pygeoapi/3.0>in the OpenAPI
   document is to support the 3.0 version.
   - Opened a new issue
   <https://github.com/opengeospatial/ogcapi-features/issues/400> on
   ogcapi-features concerning the above observation.
   - The document was reviewed by the mentors and got their approval to go
   ahead with the proposal.
   - Created a new branch for the OpenAPI document in my forked repository
   for the above proposed CQL filter OpenAPI document. A pull request was
   generated.

*What do I plan on doing next week?*

   - Modify openapi.py file so that it generates the proposed OpenAPI
   document.
   - Test the code for compliance

*Are there any blockers?*
No blockers for now