[SoC] GSoC 2020 - Coding Period Week 4 Report
gb_nedjima at esi.dz
Sun Jun 28 10:24:27 PDT 2020
During the fourth week I started working on the scene exporting feature.
After discussing the feature with mentors, we decided to use wavefront .obj
Here is my report for this week:
- Tasks done:
- Fixing some bugs in the vector layer texturing PR
- Documenting about wavefront .obj files format.
- Started implementing the scene exporter.
- Made a branch in my github fork where I will be implementing the
scene export feature that you can see at github
- Tasks to be done:
- Get the scene exporting feature working for the vector layer and
specially QgsTessellatedPolygonGeometry class.
- Try to do the 3D export feature using Qt3D's QEntity and QGeometry
- Figure out how to save materials (associate .mtl files).
- Blocking issues: Currently I'm trying to figure out how to get
triangle position data out of Qt3DRender::QBuffer class using the
You can find the report here as well:
If you have any suggestions or feedback please let me know.
4th year computer science and engineering student.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the SoC