[SoC] Community Bonding Period Report

Farheen Bano farheenbano94 at gmail.com
Mon May 25 12:56:02 PDT 2020

Hello Everyone,

This is my report for the Community Bonding Period (May 4-May 26). The
report can also be found in project wiki
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GSoC_2020_Develop_CQL_Filter_implementation_for_pygeoapi

 *What I have done during this period?*

·         Introduced myself over the channel and shared my proposal over
mailing list for suggestions

·         Communicated with mentors and learned about community, working,
etc. It was a great experience talking with experts in the domain

·         Created a wiki page for the project "Develop CQL Filter
implementation for pygeoapi
<https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GSoC_2020_Develop_CQL_Filter_implementation_for_pygeoapi>
"

·         Forked the repository <https://github.com/FarheenB/pygeoapi> of
pygeoapi

·         Updated wiki User <https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/User:FarheenBano> page
and added my personal information

·         Updated links on the wiki Google_Summer_of_Code_2020_Accepted
<https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2020_Accepted>  page

·         Joined Gitter account created by mentors which we will be used as
a mode of communication over the GSoC 2020 period

·         Mutually decided with the mentors about a common time to discuss
code guidelines and to know more about their expectations

·         Gone through the architecture and codebase of pygeoapi

·         Read OGC API - Features - Part 1: Core
<http://docs.opengeospatial.org/DRAFTS/17-069r1.html> OGC API - Features -
Part 3: Common Query Language
<http://docs.opengeospatial.org/DRAFTS/19-079.html> documents to understand
the standards of OGC API.

·         Understood the implementation of CQL schema, standards and JSON
encoding

·         Learned to work with python CQL parser pycql.

·         Discussed with the mentors about their expectations over the GSoC
2020 project period

*What am I going to achieve for next week?*

·         Edit the proposal from XML implementation to JSON implementation
CQL

·         Discuss with mentors and plan the tasks that needs to be done in
first coding phase

Regards,

Farheen Bano