[SoC] GSoC 2021 - Week-4 Report: A new render type On the fly Raster Calculator for QGIS

Francesco Bursi francesco.bursi at hotmail.it
Sun Jul 4 03:19:35 PDT 2021

Hello to everyone,

I'm sharing with you the weekly improvment on my project for the foruth week of coding for the period from 28th June to 4th July. You can find in [1] the main wiki page of the project and in [2] the branch of the forked repo in which you can find all the change I'm doing.

Taks for this week

  *   Define a syntax for the URI that will be passed to my provider with all the information that it needs (extent of the block, width, height, output crs, formula defined in the calculator and raster entries that will be used in the formula)
  *   Add encode and decode methods to qgsRasterDataProvider class, so that they are available in qgis core;
  *   Add the above methods to my virtual raster provider in order to deal with the given URI;
  *   Add a method in the unit test class of virtual raster provider to test the decode method;

  *

Plans for next week:

  *   Refine the encode method accordingly to the defined syntax for the URI;
  *   Add some test method to verify that my code works in the correct way for the encode part;

At the moment I'm not blocked on anything in particular. Don't hesitate to ask me for feeback or more specific clarification.

[1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/A_new_render_type_On_the_fly_Raster_Calculator_for_QGIS#7th_June_-_13th_June
[2​] https://github.com/Franc-Brs/QGIS/tree/VRProvider

My best regards,
Francesco Bursi