[SoC] GSoC 2021 - Community Bonding Report - Implement pre-sorting methods before GiST index building

Han Wang hanwgeek at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 21:04:23 PDT 2021

HI all,

This is my weekly report for the Bounding Period.

*Community Bonding Period (May 17th - June 6th)*

In this period, I complete the following targets:

   - Introduce myself and my project to the SoC list and PostGIS-devel list
   - Added the wiki page of myself and the project to the PostGIS wiki and
   OSGeo wiki
   - Replied questions and suggestions from mentors and the community
   - Studied the code structure of PostGIS
   - Studied Google's GSoC students guide and OSGeo's specific instructions

*Plans for the next week:*

   - Create a SQL binding for the C support function of *Geometry* types
   - Borrowing an idea from PostGIS 2.4, start to implement a z-order sort
   support function

Feel free to share your ideas or ask me any questions.

Best regards,
Han