[SoC] GSoC 2021 - Week-2 Report: A new render type On the fly Raster Calculator for QGIS

Francesco Bursi francesco.bursi at hotmail.it
Sat Jun 19 05:14:33 PDT 2021

Hello everyone,
I'd like to share the report for the first week of the coding periodo: Week 1 June 7th - June 13th. You can find in [1] the main wiki page of the project and in [2] the branch of the forked repo in which you can find all the change I'm doing.

What I've done this week:

  *   Update with mentors about some technical issues of my code;
  *   Add a method to the test class in order to call the virtualrasterprovider class I created;
  *   Update the CMakeList.txt in order to target all the required libraries in the test;
  *   Develop the raster calculator functionalities in my provider in the block() method, using some hardcoded data;
  *   Debug my code to check where it fails in returning the raster block with the hardcoded data;

Plans for next week:

  *   Adjust the code to return the correct computed data from the block method;
  *   Start to look at and design the methods for taking the uri with all the parameters;

At the moment I'm not blocked on anything in particular. Don't hesitate to ask me for feeback or more specific clarification.

[1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/A_new_render_type_On_the_fly_Raster_Calculator_for_QGIS#7th_June_-_13th_June
[2​] https://github.com/Franc-Brs/QGIS/tree/VRProvider

My best regards,
Francesco Bursi