[SoC] Looking for mentors for GSoC

Vicky Vergara vicky at georepublic.de
Sat Mar 13 12:19:10 PST 2021

Hello all
Currently we have 9 students with the intention to apply to pgRouting, we
need at least one more mentor to be able to accept 3or 4 (otherwise we
would only be able to accept 2/3 students)

If you are an ex-GSoC student and you are not applying to GSoC, we would
love to have you as mentor (you get to know the other side),
In pgRouting we work as a team with special tasks to mentors, your tasks
would be more on the administrative side. therefore do not need to know
much about pgRouting, (you will need to learn a little along the way) What
you do know is: requirements that are to be fulfilled every week by the
students, about the wiki page that has to be prepared, etc.
Your task would be more on doing followup of the administrative tasks the
students have to do, reminding them of key dates, reading their weekly
report, etc.
That would leave more time to "coding" mentors to work with the students.

If interested, please register to
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/pgrouting-dev
and send us a statement about wanting to participate as mentor with us
also send any link of your work done, reports and wiki, related to your
GSoC participation on the past.

Thanks
pgRouting team

--