[SoC] MapMint4ME project doubts

sourav singh srvsingh1962 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 12:00:10 PDT 2021

Hi,

It's Sourav Singh here on this side. I am a second-year undergraduate
student at the Indian Institute of Information Technology Nagpur (
Maharashtra ) focused on Electronics and Communication Engineering. As
introducing myself in tech I am an XR enthusiast✨ and exploring AR/VR
development, App Development, Game Development & Computer Vision.

While going through the MapMint Project Ideas page I have checked the
previous year's ideas and submission into the project repository but here I
faced some problems that I am not able to find that AR feature added into
the project between the previous year's GSOC period into the main MapMint
Repository. I saw that when I built the app on my device with Android
Studio. Then I have gone through the previous year's student's GitHub
repository where they have pushed the code with that AR feature on board
with app. Can I know where the issue is? Because of which that code is not
merged into the main MapMint repository or I have missed that in build or
running the app on my device? I am very keen interested to contribute to
this GSOC period on that AR experience part in the MapMint project. Also, I
am not able to see the GSOC 2020 Idea implementation about Enhancing
ARScale and CloudAnchor support (implemented in GSoC 2019) to the
MapMint4ME Android Application into the main GitHub Repository.
I can contribute to this idea by working on this implementation. While
going through the e code of MapMint4ME with those AR features I faced some
problems with those experiences and needed a lot of work on the UX part for
a better AR experience. I have multiple Ideas for that which can enhance
those AR Scale and Cloud Anchor support for the final MapMint application.

Please let me know where was the problem with that AR feature done in GSOC
2019 submission so it is not merged in project files. Also Please lemme
know if I have missed something while going through the project files.

With Regards

Sourav Singh