[SoC] Introduction and Project Information

Sourav Singh srvsingh1962 at gmail.com
Mon May 24 05:32:57 PDT 2021

Hello everyone,

It's Sourav Singh here this side. I am a second-year undergraduate student
at the Indian Institute of Information Technology Nagpur ( Maharashtra,
INDIA ) focused on Electronics and Communication Engineering. As
introducing myself in tech I am an XR enthusiast✨ and exploring AR/VR
development, Game Development, Computer Vision & Open-Source Projects. I
had experienced in the development of VR experiences for Oculus and Mobile
AR Experiences, DSA, and  Competitive Programming.

I am excited about my contribution to the open-source project this year
under Google Summer of Code 2021 to the MapMint4ME project of OSGeo - Open
Source Geospatial Foundation. My project title is - *Building the AR Draw
Experience with UNITY 3D and Integrating it with the present MapMint4ME
App. * My Idea is basically about introducing the Augmented Reality
experience in the present MapMint4ME project by building the AR Draw
feature in UNITY 3D and adding its intent in the MapMint4ME Java/HTML
project. ( AR Draw - It’s an AR experience that just lets you draw simple
white lines using a line renderer in 3Dspace by pressing your screen with a
single finger or can be with multiple fingers and moving the phone around
the space ). Please lemme know if anyone has any doubts about the project
or any feedback for the same. I will be there for the discussion over this
will love that.

Project Link: https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/projects/#6307898575028224

At last, I am very thankful to OSGeo and Mapmint community for giving me
this opportunity and looking forward to an awesome contribution this summer.

With Regards,
Sourav Singh