[SoC] GSoC 2021 - Introduction - Ayoub FATIHI - Integrating a module to 3d scan a house within the MapMint4ME android application

Ayoub FATIHI ayoubfatihi1999 at gmail.com
Mon May 24 06:59:21 PDT 2021

Hello everyone,
I hope you are well.
I am Ayoub FATIHI, I am moroccan ,I was born in 1999.
I am a student at the Geomatics and Surveying Engineering Department in IAV
Hassan ii University,Rabat, Morocco.

My project is: Integrating a module to 3d scan a house within the
MapMint4ME android application.
<https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/projects/#6432215732322304>
In more details: Minimalist 3D scanning (taking multiple pictures,
recording camera position, using opendrone map to rebuild the 3D scene) of
the house faces (accessible/visible faces) then loading it as georeferenced
data with the database and being able to export the data back on MapMint
for 3D viewing.

Lastly, I would like to thank the OSGeo as well as the MapMint community
for this wonderful opportunity to learn more.

Please, send your recommendations and tips to get the best of this
experience in general, and suggestions regarding my project.
Thank you.

--
FATIHI Ayoub