[SoC] Integrating QGIS with ZOO-services

Sandeepan Dhoundiyal dsandeepan995 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 07:07:59 PDT 2022

My report for week 10 is as follows:
Tasks completed during the past week:-
This week was spent on two tasks:

   1. Incorporating the steps for importing the QGIS processes into the
   ZOO-project's docker setup.

   1. I have been having trouble integrating the required code with the
   ZOO-project's docker setup. As such, I decided to take a step back and
   start with the basics. I wrote a Hello World script[1] and created and ran
   it through a docker image[2].
   2. Next, I moved on to compiling the commands for installing all the
   dependencies and running the python script for importing the processes from
   QGIS desktop[3] into a single .sh file[4]. The execution of the script for
   importing the processes results in an error, "cannot find proj.db". This
   error had been solved previously by installing the gdal from the
   conda-forge. However, right now I am not sure why it has come up again, as
   gdal is already installed. This issue will be debugged and I will move to
   addressing the move onto incorporating the python script and .sh file into
   the docker setup.

   1. Adding additional processes:

   1. Minor changes were made to the code for the python script for
   sampling points inside polygons. Currently, this process isn't working as I
   am unsure what the method parameter is. This will be looked into as well,
   and solved.
   2. A python method[5] for the qgis:randomselection and a config file[6]
   have been implemented.
   3. A simple script was written to compile descriptions of additional
   processes[7]. These include IDW[8], TIN interpolation[9], contour
   polygons[10], knn based concave hull[11], statistics by category[12].

Tasks for next week:

   1. Resolve the "cannot find proj.db" error and incorporate the .sh and
   python scripts into the docker setup.
   2. Prepare a slide stack for FOSS4G and present the work at the
   conference.
   3. Get the process for sampling points inside polygons working.

Blocked On:
The docker setup is a critical issue, which I need to resolve before any
QGIS algorithm can be integrated as a ZOO-service.
[1]
https://github.com/sdhoundiyal/GSoC_ZOO-Project/blob/main/zoo-project/zoo-services/qgis/QGISInteraction/helloWorld.py
[2]
https://github.com/sdhoundiyal/GSoC_ZOO-Project/blob/main/zoo-project/zoo-services/qgis/qgis_interaction/dockerFile