[SoC] GSoC 2022: Week 3 Report : Adding Cesium Support within MapMint

Bhupendra Solanki bssiitb at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 11:08:53 PDT 2022

Hello everyone, sorry by mistake I typed week 2 as subject line.
Please find the report for week 3 below.

   - This week I mainly worked on converting CityGML to 3D tiles using the
   citygml-to-3dtiles library. I somehow managed to convert a couple of files
   to 3D Tiles, however, some of the conversion failed due to limitations of
   projections defined in the library. I tried to add projection in the
   library root file itself, but it is an inefficient method.
   - So, I decided to use 3D tiles only as a datasource for integrating
   CesiumJS. There are a couple of ways users can provide files, either user
   upload files on Cesium ion and provide the reference number or upload the
   file on the server.
   - After that, I have been working on implementing the above ways with
   the Cheetah template (the documentation is very limited and very poor) and
   CesiumJS . I have completed the reference id part this week. Please find
   the link below [1].

Am I blocked on anything :

   - No, I am not blocked on anything as of now.

Next week plan:

   - To implement the second part i.e. to upload 3D tiles files/ zip files
   to the server and then render using CesiumJS.

[1] https://github.com/bhupendra1324/Cheetah_gsoc

--
*Regards*,
*Bhupendra Singh Solanki*.

*Department General Secretary*
*M.**Tech | Research Associate* (NCAIR).
*Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay (IIT-B).*
Powai. Mumbai. Maharashtra.
*+91-879**3183133*